Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"What triggered your fascination for Disney?" - Jeff Kurtti

Upon listening to the WDW Radio Show podcast, Lou Mongello interviewed a man who started out low on the Disney totem pole and has written many books for the Disney Company as well as directed a couple documentaries and met many Disney Legends. But the thing that stood out to me here, was when Jeff Kurtti talked about what was the trigger that makes a person a Disney fan. What was that moment that made you love Disney and want to know all there was about it. He talks about Mary Poppins being his, and I decided that I wanted to write about mine.

Mine was the countless times I went to Disneyland as a child. I have a bad case of motion sickness, where even going on long car rides can trigger it, or even a small one, depending on how the person drives, so roller coasters were never something I could go on as a kid without getting sick and not wanting to relinquish the meal I had eaten that day.

So Disneyland was the safe haven for me, and every time I went to Disneyland, I loved how everything had a story, a history that was connected to either a movie or was a concept developed by Walt Disney or Imagineers to make Disneyland one of the most creative places in the world.

So, upon entering high school, I decided to learn more about the park and started reading about the parks and would listen to podcasts, and everything I could in order to make Disney a part of my life. Soon afterward, I started watching the documentaries on the DVD's I got, and was interested more. I loved the art form and was fascinated in the amount of paper and talent it took to make all the old films.

So it all sort of snowballed at the fact that Disneyland was the only place I could go without getting sick or nervous about going on rides.

What was your trigger? Answer on the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment