Friday, December 13, 2013

Big Thunder Mountain Referb

So, the last time I went on this attraction, I believe it was about March of last year as I had left to the east coast and had been able to ride the ride, if not it was earlier. This ride has been closed ever since to do a refurbishment on the attraction. I personally think this has been too long as the park has been without the ride for almost a year if not more. I find it actually a detraction and sort of makes the park look shabby with the boards that have been up since that time. It looks not very attractive when you sit along the restaurant that usually overlooks the ride, there is also the fact that when you walk from the back way to Fantasyland from Frontierland, it doesn't seem to meld well. I have heard rumors that the attraction will open in 2014, but I still find this a hoax.

The reason the attraction had gone into refurbishment was due to the fact that they had not refurbed the attraction since it's opening in 1979, and was given a full reboot with a new track, new trains, etc.

Update: Upon researching the topic, a source from the Disneyland Blog said that the attraction is to open in Winter 2014. So, it looks like a whole year left for us passholders and park goers to see the attraction.

Not sure when it is going to open. What are your thoughts on the closed Thunder Mountain?

No comments:

Post a Comment