Monday, January 13, 2014

The Festival of Fools

So, I was thinking lately about the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I hadn't seen the movie in a while and while I always had seen the music box in Disneyland's newest land Fanatasy Faire, but I had thought about what had happened to the whole idea behind the festival? I happen to think there could be a lot more done with this aspect of the story.

So, I decided to do some digging and look to see if there was anything done with the Hunchback's story and the theme of the Festival of Fools. I found that there had been in 1997, around the release of the movie, Disney had built a stage, and a show which was used for the Festival of Fools.

It is interesting to watch and according to the YouTube video which I will link here they also have kept the stage area, but have decided to only use it for corporate events.

What do you guys think? Could there be a revival of the movie's themes? Could there be a Festival of Fools themed parade? I personally would love to see a float given in the Soundsational Parade. But again, what are the thoughts you guys have?

No comments:

Post a Comment