Monday, March 8, 2010

The Dark Alice In Wonderland


I think it is only fitting to start off with the recent in the collection of the Walt Disney films, and that is Tim Burton's interpretation of Alice In Wonderland. This Sunday I had the opportunity to see this movie, not only see it, but in the phenomenon that is 3-D.

Well, upon seeing this movie, I have mixed feelings. I will not reveal major plot points, but be warned that I may speak of things that may slip, so as they say, SPOILER ALERT!
Alice in Wonderland starts off with her being almost 20 years old and she has nightmares of Wonderland, of course in this movie they call the land Underland. The reason for Alice's return is they need her help in stopping the Red Queen. Now as for these characters, it was obviously driven to make the Mad Hatter a larger character. Which in this movie was only slightly confusing. His character was explained in a very Burton way, and in doing so, allowed us to see some deeper side to the Hatter's madness. Though I have to say, the line that you could count as being the most said was, "Why is a raven like a writing desk?"
Now, this movie, as I said gave me mixed reviews, for it was a movie that sort of could have been a way for the story to be a sequel, but it was more action than the wackiness that is the Wonderland in Lewis Carroll's novels. So, in my opinion, I would give the movie 4 stars, 8/10, a decent movie, but not one that is Alice In Wonderland, but of course this is my opinion, you all could have totally different ideas.
Those of you who have seen it, what did you think of this movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment